Do You, Your Wallet And Car A Favour By Experiencing The TRS Car Servicing And Repairs Differences
If you’d like
- maintain new car warranty
- FREE customer pick up and delivery service
- fixed pricing
- expert log book servicing
- no hidden surprises
- Gold Coast mechanics you can speak with and trust
- personal service
- TRS will take care of you and your car with the same trust reliability and service they’ve supplied to Gold Coast motorists for over 20 years
What’s Involved With A Vehicle Service?
Sometimes booking your car in for a services is like stepping into the unknown.
The concept of leaving your car with a someone can seem strange and not knowing what’s happening it can also feel a bit worrying as you wonder:
- what is being done,
- what parts are being replaced,
- what exactly should you expect on completion of the servicing?
Types Of Car Servicing, 6 month or 10,000 Km
- minor services (every 10-15 thousand km depending on make and model); and
- major services (every 30-45 thousand kilometres depending on make and model).
Minor car servicing is usually quick (as little as 90 minutes) and generally only includes changing oil and oil filters and a few other minor items.
This is in contrast to a more comprehensive major car service. Servicing varies depending on the make and model of the vehicle.
A quality car service requires the skills of a mechanic who knows all types of vehicles and what they are doing. Our mechanics will ensure that your car continues to run reliably and efficiently. We go right through the whole car and engine.
Once we have inspected your vehicle, we will ring you and let you know if there is any other work to be carried out on your vehicle.
TRS Auto Repairs, perfect for busy professionals with free vehicle pick up and drop off service. We’ll let you know what car repairs are urgent and what other repairs can wait, then once we know what you want, you’ll receive an approximate cost for the repairs before we proceed.
Our Standard Service Mechanical And Safety Check Includes
- change engine oil and filter
- check cooling system
- check clutch operation
- check transmission oil, filter and service if required
- check all drive belts and replace if necessary
- check all fluid and oil levels and top up if necessary
- check all hoses, if 10 years old replace
- check CV joints and boots
- check air cleaner, replace if necessary
- check braking systems and adjust as necessary
- check steering and suspension systems
- replace fuel and air filters every 20,000 km service
- lube doors
- check all lights and warning devices
- check spark plugs, replace if necessary
What We Do In Our Services
- check performance
- wheel bearing noise
- steering pulling and play
- wheel balance-steering vibrations
- tyre noise
- gearbox and diff noise
- any vibrations
- operation of clutch
- operation of auto transmission
- for handling
- hand-brake travel booster action
- test air-conditioning
- instruments / speedometer
Drive Vehicle On Hoist
- check headlights
- park lights
- tail lights
- number plate lights
- brake lights
- reversing lights
- wipers / washers
- brake pedal pads
Check Under Bonnet
- replace engine oil
- check battery water
- clean battery terminals
- test battery
- check coolant levels
- pressure test cooling system
- check cooling system hoses
- radiator condition
- top up brake and clutch fluids
- top up auto-transmission
- condition of drive belts
- clean air filter, fuel, air and vacuum hoses
- fuel and oil leaks
Raise Car To Remove Wheels
- check wheel bearings
- check tyre condition
- check on brake/hydraulics
Raise To Change Oil
- check oil leaks
- drain engine oil
- remove and replace oil filter
- check diff and gearbox oils
- condition of exhaust system
- drive line components
- condition of front suspension
- condition of shock absorbers
- CV joints / boots
- condition of engine mounts / gearbox
Ring Customer With Report
Carry Out Authorised Repairs
Completion of Service
- check and set tyre pressures (including spare)
- lube door locks and hinges
Final Road Test
- clean any grease marks
- tyre sheen
- replace lube sticker
- check wiper blades
- vacuum inside
- tidy bag / deodorant
- clean windows
Replace Driver’s Seat and Mirrors to Original Position
Asking for a written list of what was done afterwards can also help you understand what was done with your vehicle.
Vehicle servicing standards do depend on the manufacturers guidelines. Getting to know your car by reading through your vehicle’s user manual can save you time, money and unnecessary anxiety.
It is also a good idea to understand what your mechanic is recommending should be done with your vehicle and what you suspect or know may need attention.
Ignoring vehicle servicing is not a sensible option because it can lead to more serious and expensive issues later on. Knowing just a little more about how services and vehicles work can help you understand better about the car and maintenance to ensure trouble free motoring.
Once you have come to us for car servicing or repairs you’ll come back and know your car / vehicle have been serviced or repaired properly every time, using TRS’s high level state-of-the-art technology and mechanical workmanship.